FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which mic for XA20 - DM-100 vs NTG-1 vs VMP

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Zicari
Which mic for XA20 - DM-100 vs NTG-1 vs VMP
on Jan 3, 2014 at 11:36:43 pm

Little background info. I film drag racing for a local tuner shop I'm involved with. My old camera, Canon HF S10 equipped with DM-100, did a fantastic job of handling the audio. See example below.

So now I'm upgrading to a Canon XA20. I feel like the NTG-1 is going to suit me best, but everything I says to use for interviews only within a few feet of the mic. Obviously that is not going to happen with the nature of the videos I do.

I saw a few videos online of the VideoMic Pro that sounded great. I'm hoping the NTG-1 is an almost direct comparison to the VMP. Because then this would make it an easy decision.

So instead of asking for what mic(s) do the job to the most professional level, the question I'm going to ask, is how does the DM-100 compare to something like the NTG-1? Should I expect similar sound quality and range? Is the NTG-1 and the VMP the same thing?

If you have any other suggestions regarding mics to use that are camera mounted in this scenario, feel free to suggest them, but I'm kind of leaning towards wanting a Rode mic.

Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]