FORUMS: list search recent posts

What should I use to organize my Stock Music library

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Chaulk
What should I use to organize my Stock Music library
on Jan 3, 2014 at 6:35:47 pm

Whenever I'm putting together new video advertisements, the one thing I find myself spending too much time doing is looking through my stock audio track to find the right background music or sound effects. Right now I just organize the files by genre in files on the computer and I use Adobe Bridge to look through them. But I am wanting a better way to look through the thousands of audio files. What I would like to do is use a media player program to organize and make playlists so I can look through my music by mood, genre and other attributes.

What are people using to do this? I was thinking about using itunes but I didn't want to mix all the stock music with my copyrighted material that i currently use itunes for. Plus iTunes tends to degrade the playback quality by converting file formats.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: What should I use to organize my Stock Music library
on Jan 4, 2014 at 6:39:13 pm

Checkout Soundminer. Also, does your library provider have an online search capability? We use Killer Tracks libraries and their online search function is terrific.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Joshua Chaulk
on Jan 6, 2014 at 2:28:22 pm

I'm looking for a free program. Or at the least a very low cost program. Also I need it to be for Windows 7. But that Killer Tracks sight sounds like it could help out a lot. I just requested to be a member.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jan 6, 2014 at 7:53:36 pm

I'm not aware of any free programs. If you have Office, you could make your own database program. There may be free templates for that. The thing I like best about Killer is you can create a Project into which you can save tracks you like. Also, I have a client sign-in for our account where the client can audition tracks and save the ones they like. Clients can't download, but I can open their project and download it.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]