FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to set up a low-end 5.1 surround sound system?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Stewart
How to set up a low-end 5.1 surround sound system?
on Dec 30, 2013 at 10:38:41 am

Techie friends I would appreciate your advice on surround sound. I bought myself a low-end 5.1 surround sound system primarily for home cinema but. It was a bit of an impulse purchase and I'm now having some trouble integrating the system.

The hardware I have:
Samsung Smart TV. CN01
Sony laptop (USB, 3.5mm jack out, HDMI)
Britz BR-5100T 5.1 (no digital out, phono to 3.5mm jack connections)
See attached photo of connections.

I think that with the current hardware and cables I have I cannot integrate my surround sound system. I think my best bet is to buy an external USB sound card.

Here's one solution I've been considering buying.
http://asia.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-x-fi-surround-5-1-pr...

I'm considering buying myself a Traktor S2 in the not too distant future. Maybe buying a slightly more expensive sound card will reduce the latency between my laptop and the decks.

Will this work (I don't have optical in on my surround sound)? Is it the best solution? Is there a cheaper alternative?

Rear of Britz BR-5100T Surround Sound system. On the other end of the RCA connectors are 3.5mm jack plugs.

Rear of Samsung Smart TV

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: How to set up a low-end 5.1 surround sound system?
on Dec 31, 2013 at 1:58:42 pm

We don't know what a "Samsung Smart TV. CN01" is. Google never heard of it. Should we assume this TV does not have surround sound output? An HDMI sound device would be a sure bet to extract 5.1 channels out of your video signal. An external USB sound device may also work, but you would need to confirm that whatever software (and operating system) you are using to play the video will properly route the video sound to the USB sound device.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]