FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tascam iM2 for iPhone 4...not a bad cheap mic for $17!

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Bergstein
Tascam iM2 for iPhone 4...not a bad cheap mic for $17!
on Dec 11, 2013 at 11:53:16 pm
Last Edited By Al Bergstein on Dec 12, 2013 at 12:45:39 am

While not a "professional" tool, I just got a Tascam iM2 for the iPhone 4 (large plug on the bottom). It's quite a good little mic. The same heads as the normal Tascam portable units have. Thing was like $17.00 on Amazon! Has a limiter that seems to work, and a passthrough USB charging port. Vocal tests from arms length and across the room worked fine. I used it with both the voice memos and FiRe. For the price, it was seems like a ridiculously good deal. I tucked it away in my backpack for future use. No batteries needed. Powers off the iPhone. Much better than other cheap mics I've used.

I think they are selling them this cheap because the newer iPhone 5s have the smaller USB plug, so these guys days are numbered. But given that there are about a billion of these older phones out there, I certainly will keep my iPhone 4s as long as possible.

There is a not very positive review of it from 2011 here. Seems it has some flaws. But for $17 I'll live with them. Should be good for audio off a podium while recording on a camera elsewhere in a non-miced room.

http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/naturerecordists/2011-12/...

Just so you know...

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]