FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio showreel

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lara Van Meer
Audio showreel
on Dec 1, 2013 at 10:40:15 pm

Hello everybody.

I have tried to find an answer in the forum, but being new, I got a little bit lost so I apologised if a thread have already been opened about that. Actually I have Googled it but couldn't really find anything related to audio showreel, everything is about video showreel.

I am about to apply for a job in a radio. They ask for a showreel of Actually, the job of my dream in the radio I really love. I am not extremely experienced, so I would like to work really hard on my application to at least have a chance to have an interview.

So here are my questions :

1) Should I do just an audio showreel and put it on soundcloud or a video showreel, with maybe a description on the screen of what the job was and which audio treatment have been applied and put in on Vimeo?

3) How long should each part be? I understand that the showreel should be between 30 second and big maximum 3 minutes but how long should each sample be?

4) What should I put in an Audio showreel? Just some extracts of recording/editing I have done? And some before/after I have add an effect? It's going to be a little bit pointless and repetitive no?

Well that is actually a lot of questions, but I really want to do well :/

Thank you for your help

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Audio showreel
on Dec 2, 2013 at 9:55:46 pm

Most 'Radio' production people could come up with several tracks for a reel, even TV sound people could provide www. links to some work they were involved with.
As a newcomer to the industry don't try and create a 'fake' reel ie. stuff that hasn't actually gone to air, it will be spotted a mile off and it will make you look silly, It would be far better to be honest.
If you DID have some tracks, probably 2-3 minutes would be ample.

Return to posts index

Lara Van Meer
Re: Audio showreel
on Dec 5, 2013 at 3:25:21 pm

Thank you for the advice. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]