FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need lav mic advice

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby Yarsulik
Need lav mic advice
on Nov 19, 2013 at 6:26:55 pm

Hey guys, I currently do production work at my company, and am the first to really do so. They haven't had a real need for videos and motion graphics, but I've stepped in and I now do that. We've recently been doing a few interviews, and they only have this one boom mic, but it literally picks up the entire room of noise. I can do as much work in Audition CC as I can with it, with plugins and noise reduction, and even if I get close to awesome, I lose the voice.

I'm looking into getting a lav mac for this sort of stuff, and preferably one that'll plug into a computer mic sized hole. (Is that 1/8th?) We've got a Williams Sound touring system, and I just toyed with it plugging in a mic to the master, and the receiver aux'd into my camera, and got a neat wireless setup out of it, I just need to find a decent mic.

Price wise, I don't have a lot of give since I'm just now starting to boost their video stuff, so any help would be awesome!

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: Need lav mic advice
on Nov 19, 2013 at 11:15:34 pm

$60 for the Rode Smartlav. Plug it into an iPod touch or iPhone and you're great.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: Need lav mic advice
on Nov 28, 2013 at 5:39:42 pm

Why does it have three bands around the mini-plug?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]