FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording meetings with 6 - 10 people as a one man army

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonas Holm
Recording meetings with 6 - 10 people as a one man army
on Nov 6, 2013 at 5:22:15 pm

Hi i was wondering if there is a good solution to recording audio at meetings for use in video.

Im in a situation where im a one man army videographer, which means, I don't have a Boomer, i already have a Sennheiser NTG-3 for my on-camera audio, but this has proven itself to be insufficient for my needs as i move around with the camera and so on.

I need some kind of microphone that i can place in the middle of the table at a meeting, and then be sure to get all the audio at a decent quality from everyone speaking (5 - 10 people)..

Is there any solution for this, wireless or stand alone, maybe combined with a sennheisser microport system?

thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my question..

-Jonas

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Recording meetings with 6 - 10 people as a one man army
on Nov 7, 2013 at 7:22:58 am

How big is the table? (Or more on point, how far would a central microphone be from the subjects?)
What is the ambience? Background noise? Room acoustics (reflections/reverb, etc.?)
What is the expectation of the video/recording? Transcription only? "Reality"/Documentary? Industrial? Entertainment? Commercial TV? Feature film?
How much time to you have for testing and researching options?
How much budget do you have for buying or renting appropriate gear?
Probably several more important questions that you must know the answer to in order to make a useful decision.

Return to posts index

Jonas Holm
Re: Recording meetings with 6 - 10 people as a one man army
on Nov 15, 2013 at 12:41:49 am

Hi thanks for the reply,
im using it for documentary work, the microphone would be around 2 - 3 meters away from the most distant subject..

all the subject would be sitting around an rectangle shaped table..

Price point would be up to 900 USD to buy, no rental..

Time is not unlimited, but i would say within a month or so.. just to set a date, its not crushial, its just to improve the audio of the meetings :)

Again thank you!
-Jonas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]