FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to reduce/remove extremely loud pop/hiss from lav mic throughout presentation - grateful for any advice

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kros Fyah
Need to reduce/remove extremely loud pop/hiss from lav mic throughout presentation - grateful for any advice
on Oct 24, 2013 at 2:09:46 am

guys and gals if ANYone can help i would be incredibly grateful.

I shot a training session today with a sennheiser G3 lav. I've used them tons before, great lav always worked fine.

Today was a freaking nightmare!

Throughout the entire day, i would say almost a few times a minute, there was a loud static noise, less than a second long. It was some form of radio interference but we couldn't work out from where it was originating. It was proven to be radio interference from something in the room because when the presenter moved to a different part of the room, problem was solved.

I have 100's of these tiny 'pops' or static flares throughout the audio. I was capturing straight into my Mk3 which i've done plenty and never had an issue.

If anyone knows any way to automate the ability to remove the extremely loud cracks of static throughout, i would be incredibly grateful. They really make it hard to listen back to the audio.

Thank you very much in advance for any possible solutions.

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Need to reduce/remove extremely loud pop/hiss from lav mic throughout presentation - grateful for any advice
on Oct 24, 2013 at 6:14:52 am

Of course without hearing a sample, we can only speak in broad (and useless) generalities. If it is as bad as you say, plan on shooting it again.

Did you not have someone monitoring the audio?
Did you have everyone turn off their wireless devices?

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Need to reduce/remove extremely loud pop/hiss from lav mic throughout presentation - grateful for any advice
on Oct 24, 2013 at 8:09:47 am

Can you post a sample of the affected audio

Re "an automated fix" I say not. Nothing automated about these things.
This is why its best to take the time in the prep, manning, setup and rehearsal to get it right on location as a fix can be
1) less than ideal
2) impossible at all
3) costly.

Lets have a listen and well see what can be done,
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Oct 29, 2013 at 9:14:39 am

Hi
Are you able to post a bit to see if it can be helped?
peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]