FORUMS: list search recent posts

My Audio Sounds Really Rough (Youtube Link Example)

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Campbell
My Audio Sounds Really Rough (Youtube Link Example)
on Oct 19, 2013 at 10:53:57 pm

My audio sounds really bad after I have edited my videos a bit.

REAL QUICK: I know my video(below) looks horrible and I'm working on that part too. But here I just wanted to get some audio advice.

After I shoot my videos and play them they sound fine.

Then I edit them in Premiere Pro for key work- after this they sound fine.

Then I import the file into Camtasia to edit it in with different screencasts and it after exporting from Camtasia- the audio is messed up. You can hear some distortion if you watch this example video

My question is what audio settings do I mess with in Camtasia? I'm a complete newbie so I don't have any clue how to go about fixing this.

Any help much appreciated. -Kyle

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: My Audio Sounds Really Rough (Youtube Link Example)
on Oct 21, 2013 at 5:02:04 am

It sounds like distortion from transcoding from one compressed audio codec into another one. This is typically bad news as you demonstrate.

You provided none of the details that would allow us to intelligently discuss what could be happening. For example:
What camera?
What file format?
What are you playing them on that "sounds file"?
It is hard to believe that you need some kind of editing that is available in Camtasia that is not available in Premiere.
What codec is the file encoded when it leaves Premiere and enters Camtasia?
What codec is the file encoded as when Camtasia exports it?
What are you going to do with the video?
What codec do you need for your proposed delivery method?

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Oct 21, 2013 at 8:13:06 am

Why worry about a bit of ragginess, when you choose to record in a space that has had NO care to its acoustics at all.
Ill never sound decent in this space.
Nb was it a radio mic. I feel i can hear a bit of rf envelope hunting right at the start
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Oct 24, 2013 at 2:55:59 am

Why is Camtasia in the mix at all? Do you have a before it gets messed up sample? Isn't camtasia recording your computer output in who knows what codec? Does Camtasia give you any audio options? I mean if it sounded fine why mess with it on a cheap editing program meant, I think, primary for screen capture.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]