FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Tools files to Avid

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sandy shapiro
Pro Tools files to Avid
on Sep 4, 2013 at 8:13:09 pm

Hi,

Anyone know how to export a mixed sequence to Avid without bouncing down? Our files are offline once we bring them into Avid. We want to make cuts and additions to the audio w/o using the bounce.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Pro Tools files to Avid
on Sep 5, 2013 at 4:09:27 pm

Hi
I dont know exactly how you can do that, but I think the more normal way would be to bounce a mix down, recut the pics with the mix, and use Virtual katy to reconform your protools seq from the edl that you export from AVID.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Sep 6, 2013 at 1:04:13 pm

Hello Sandy and Welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

SInce you're going to be making cuts and edits anyway, I guess I'd consolidate all tracks individually from beginning to end and export each one, then import them into Avid, edit, and remix.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Sep 6, 2013 at 1:10:24 pm

If youre going to do that, youll need to chequerboard every sound clip, extend the in back and the out forward to creat a "handle" that is on the timeline rather than a handle that is hidden, otherwise youll lose all the handle information, which is more important than life its self.
peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Sep 16, 2013 at 5:02:59 pm

If you can consolidate your audio edit to fewer than 24 tracks, you can export an AAF to pass to the edit. The editor can load your AAF, make changes, then export an AAF back to you. From there, you can load the new AAF in, align the tracks with your old tracks, and scan through each track to see where things changed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]