FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rycote A5 5-Section Aluminum Boompole

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
Rycote A5 5-Section Aluminum Boompole
on Aug 21, 2013 at 5:20:46 pm

Any experience? Love their shock mounts. Our lower end k-teks can be difficult to tighten and loosen.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Rycote A5 5-Section Aluminum Boompole
on Aug 22, 2013 at 8:02:04 am

I have used Rycote boom poles on several occasions and have found the lock off mechanism a real pain... yes its better than some but still a pain.

I own many boom poles 4.5m CF, 3m (Rode) Al., K-Tek Klassic K-56 (great CF pole and ideal for travel as it will easily fit into my audio case or backpack...great grip on the treads of the pole) BUT the pole I love the most is one with thumb clip adjustments similar to photographic tripods. Just awesome.
I don't know the brand but if I could EVER find another one like it I would buy it in a flash.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: Rycote A5 5-Section Aluminum Boompole
on Aug 23, 2013 at 7:54:13 pm

Well I guess its not just my students who can over-tighten the knobs. I've seen the type you are talking about. Even on painter's poles. The only downside I see to that type is the latch that tightens the sections can fail. But you are right they are way easier to use. Rycote describes their locking mechanism as being better. They also describe this $200 pole as being professional quality which would be a pretty good deal.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: ycote A5 5-Section Aluminum Boompole
on Aug 23, 2013 at 11:58:24 pm

If your looking for starter poles for students go fo a Rode pole.... Low cost, well constructed and very 'usable'

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]