FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zoom H6

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Duffey
Zoom H6
on Aug 15, 2013 at 3:41:31 pm

Hi all,

Just got my Zoom H6 in.. very nice product! I ordered it from BH photo as a kit with the Senal monitoring headphones, 16GB SD card, mic wind cover, etc.

I am impressed with it's easy of use, and at least to me, it looks pretty nice. I like the digital display of the 6 inputs along with dials to adjust the input signal.

I've not used it for anything at this point, just tested it out. The Senal headphones are very nice as well. I wanted a set of headphones for monitoring but don't cancel audio so that I can hear wind noise if it's present, these do a great job with that.

I'll eventually use it with a couple XLR mics. My next addition to my kit is a couple nice lav mics so I'll be using the 4 XLR inputs in no time, and probably use the X/Y mic attachment.

Anyone else got one yet, or looking to get this recorder?

It's no SoundDevices, but for the price, it's a fantastic value with all that it brings to the table.

Return to posts index

Johnny Wu
Re: Zoom H6
on Aug 23, 2013 at 1:26:28 pm

I have H6 and the Tascam DR-60D and it seems so far with all the tests, the Tascam has less noise.

Return to posts index

Kevin Duffey
Re: Zoom H6
on Aug 23, 2013 at 2:21:08 pm

Really? Interesting, I've read the opposite in a few other threads elsewhere. The preamps on the H6 are much improved. Still, for the price and the feature set, the H6 at least to me seems a much better value. I am curious if my Tascom DR-40 is as good as the DR-60 in terms of noise or if they improved the preamps on the DR-60 that much over the DR-40.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]