FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zoom H1 pocket rustle

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ethan David
Zoom H1 pocket rustle
on Aug 1, 2013 at 2:22:40 pm

Hello,

I am new to this forum and everything audio.

I recently purchased a Zoom H1 with an omnidirectional Audio-Technica ATR3350 lapel mic. I'm shooting a wedding tomorrow and my plan was to put the recorder in the pocket of the groom with the lapel mic attached to his collar. When I did a test yesterday, there was a lot of pocket rustle and scraping noise whenever there was slight movement.

Are there any recommendations for how I can cut down on this noise?
I'm pretty sure a lot of it is coming from the recorder itself and not the lav. Is there a way to perhaps turn off the Zoom's built-in microphones?

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Zoom H1 pocket rustle
on Aug 1, 2013 at 9:16:39 pm

Omg. You have a wedding TOMORROW and today you're asking basic audio questions about your kit.
Good luck!! Don't the bride and groom rather (have a right ) to presume you know how to do the basic stuff?

Clearly you haven't switched from the inbuilt mics to the external plug in mics. I don't have a h1 so can't help here but find it before tomorrow, and make sure you match the sample rate and bit depth of the zoo. To that of your camera or its sync will drift.

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Ethan David
Re: Zoom H1 pocket rustle
on Aug 2, 2013 at 4:39:45 pm

Not sure if my response worked, so I apologize if this is a double post. I took the recorder into B&H yesterday and they determined the line-in wasn't working properly. They gave me a new one and now everything works fine.

Thanks so much for your response- I'm doing the wedding as a favor for a family friend (unpaid), they're aware of the extent of my experience in this stuff. Figured I should have better sound equipment anyways so I made the investment.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]