FORUMS: list search recent posts

question about quality difference between Zoom products..

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Payne
question about quality difference between Zoom products..
on Jun 30, 2013 at 10:07:45 am

Hi all,

I'm considering selling some equipment to fund more equipment and just wondered if I am keeping my Zoom H4N unnecessarily..

I currently use it with a rode lav mic (with XLR screw on adapter) for interview audio only.

At weddings I use Zoom H1's with the same Rode Lav Mic (much more compact)

My question is... Is the quality difference between the H4N and Rode Lav combo and the H1 and Rode Lav combo different enough so justify keeping the H4N? I no longer benefit from the XLR inputs so not sure if it's worth keeping the H4N as well as the H1.

Thanks alot in advance

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: question about quality difference between Zoom products..
on Jul 1, 2013 at 1:52:02 am

[David Payne] "My question is... Is the quality difference between the H4N and Rode Lav combo and the H1 and Rode Lav combo different enough so justify keeping the H4N? I no longer benefit from the XLR inputs so not sure if it's worth keeping the H4N as well as the H1.

Thanks alot in advance"

Uh,

Since you're the guy who owns both. Should't you kinda be telling us? Do you hear a difference? Do the files behave differently?

Honestly, if you want to know if there are quality differences - use BOTH and then compare them.

Simple.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

David Payne
Re: question about quality difference between Zoom products..
on Jul 2, 2013 at 8:03:49 am

sorry I should have been clearer. I cannot tell the difference to my ear but I'm not sure if the technical specs mean that in certain situations one might perform and sound better than the other...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]