FORUMS: list search recent posts

Select speaker for the screen presentation

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dmitriy Dribinskiy
Select speaker for the screen presentation
on Jun 8, 2013 at 4:03:31 pm

Hello,
I am planning to play video at on one of the corporate events using screen and projector. It would be inside of the hotel ballroom. What would you recommend for the speaker? Thank you!

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Select speaker for the screen presentation
on Jun 8, 2013 at 6:01:59 pm

1) Ask the hotel venue if they have a recommendation. You are probably not the first customer who needs to do something like this. If they don't have the solution themselves, they almost certainly know the equipment rental places in the area who they have worked with before.
2) Does the hotel ballroom not have a built-in sound system? (Typically speakers in the ceiling.) Is this system adequate for the sound track of your video?
3) Where is the projector and the screen coming from? Does that same equipment source have equivalent audio equipment?

If you ask someone who is not familiar with the room (such as us!) be sure to be prepared to answer the questions:
How big is the room?
How high is the ceiling?
How dead/live is the room?
How many people in the audience?
How big is the screen?
What is the video being played on? (Specifically, what is the audio interface?)
Is there other amplified sound being used for the same program/session? (i.e. are you integrating all the sound reinforcement requirements?)

Return to posts index

Dmitriy Dribinskiy
on Jun 10, 2013 at 3:06:26 am

Richard, thank you for the reply. I don't have specific answers on your questions, sorry. I am trying to create a portable set up I can use for the same day editings (my first project is in July for the corporate event at Sheraton's ballroom). Ideally, I don't want to rely on the hotel's sound system, running the long wires, etc... As of right now I have a projector and 90" screen.

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Jun 10, 2013 at 6:18:06 am

Not clear from your information if you are looking for a one-off production, or for some ongoing activity? How good? How loud? Is this for checking dialog on "dailies", or for review of a final mix will full-range music, etc? Local or on the road? Buy or rent? Lots more variables, etc.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 15, 2013 at 10:52:14 pm

What I did was hook up my laptop to the projector then I connected the headphone out of the laptop to 1/4 input on our mixer and from there xlr out to a powered speakers. worked great. loud and clear. as far as which powered speakers -- lots of reviews. a lot depends on the size of the room and placement of speakers. I mounted them on speaker stands. If you only want to set up one, use the left channel.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]