FORUMS: list search recent posts

Countryman b2d

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Zapotocky
Countryman b2d
on May 1, 2013 at 5:22:21 pm

I'm looking at new lavalier mics for our news set that are cardiod for less ambient background pickup and also for when all three anchors mics are on and they are talking.

I found the Countryman B2d through my research, but I've never owned or heard one before.

Any suggestions on that mic for a news set?

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Countryman b2d
on May 1, 2013 at 10:35:55 pm

Be aware that directional lavs if mounted off center on the talent that head turns will cause a drop in level also directional mics are more prone to plosives from p-pops and breath blasts. I would suggest that you try one out as a demo from a dealer with the right of return if it doesn't work out for you.

Eric

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Larry Zapotocky
on May 2, 2013 at 1:41:45 pm

Thanks Eric. That being said, would you have a recommendation for an omnidirectional mic for a news set?

Larry

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on May 2, 2013 at 3:02:29 pm

Depending on your budget, the Sennheiser MKE 2, Sanken COS 11, Countryman B6 or EMW are good places to start. They will have to customized with the proper connector for wireless usage.

Eric

Return to posts index

Larry Zapotocky
on May 2, 2013 at 3:20:35 pm

In your experience, if you have 3 of the Sanken COS 11's on at the same time in the same proximity of a news set, do you think you would get alot of ambient room noise?

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on May 2, 2013 at 4:06:11 pm

If ambient set noise is a major issue then consider an automatic mic mixer that will open and close the active/non active mics as required. OTOH controlling set noise should be your number one priority. Remember it's not a sound problem, it's a location problem.

Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]