FORUMS: list search recent posts

Post Production Audio Set Up Advice

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Leahy
Post Production Audio Set Up Advice
on Apr 22, 2013 at 6:06:42 pm

Hey Guys,

Just looking for a little assistance in setting up my editing suite for audio. Not so much in the paneling or acoustics but in the technical department. This might be pretty basic but I just want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

I have a Matrox MXO 2 Mini, a Behringer Xenyx802 Audio Mixer, a Home Theater System and am looking at a pair of Rockit 6s.

Currently, my macbook pro goes out thunderbolt into the Matrox, then from the RCA output on the Matrox into the RCA tape input on my mixer, then out from the tape output (RCA) to my home theater. That gives me the ability to use the audio controls from the mixer on my home theater.

Recently, I was reading that I should be doing my mixing on studio monitors (the rockit5) and then testing my mix on the home theater.

Two questions.

1. Should my main outs (1/4 inch) go to the Rockits?

2. Is my set up properly configured otherwise? Is going in through the tape input on mixer as opposed to one of the other channels ok?

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Post Production Audio Set Up Advice
on Apr 23, 2013 at 12:57:14 am

Hello Terry and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

How about rca out of the Matrox and into the Rockit 5? Do you need the mixer?

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Terry Leahy
Re: Post Production Audio Set Up Advice
on Apr 23, 2013 at 2:19:23 pm

Hi Ty, thanks for getting back to me. I could do that, I was using a mixer so that I could punch between the home theater and the studio monitors to check mixes on the 5.1 system. Can the rockets accept 1/4 inch and not compromose sound? It's also nice having a control module right there but I suppose I don't need it. Although...why do I so often see mixers on editor desks anyway?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]