FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hiding extra wireless bodypack mic cable

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Walton
Hiding extra wireless bodypack mic cable
on Apr 16, 2013 at 7:17:43 pm

I am hoping someone out there might have a slick trick they can pass along.

I am doing a lot of standup, walk-and-talk interviews using a wireless mic system. I know I shouldn't wrap the excess mic cable around the interviewee's body back before placing it in a pocket, nor should I wad it up in the same pocket or allow it to accidentally come in contact with the antenna.

Any tips as to what can be done to hide the cable, keeping it from causing audio issues in a way that allows me to mic the subject quickly? I should mention that I have no control over wardrobe other than requesting interviewees have pockets or a belt. Clips, tape....?

Thanks,

Chris

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Hiding extra wireless bodypack mic cable
on Apr 16, 2013 at 7:35:07 pm

I've done all the things you say you shouldn't do and can't recall any problems. Have you had any problems?

Eric

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Chris Walton
on Apr 16, 2013 at 7:42:01 pm

I have had problems but of course who is to say the problems were unquestionably caused by the mic wire. From what I have read it seems to be a pretty common recommendation.

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Apr 16, 2013 at 9:28:40 pm

Not saying you're wrong but FWIW, Read my signature line.

Eric

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
on Apr 17, 2013 at 12:31:47 pm

Chris, while technically what you're saying seems like it should make sense, as Eric said I've also done all of the above and never encountered any problems. I've been on literally hundreds and hundreds of interview shoots in offices, homes, operating rooms, Central American rainforests, construction sites, skyscraper rooftops, etc., etc., and never a problem with where or how I stowed the extra mic. cable. If someone has suggested otherwise I would be suspicious of their particular piece of equipment, perhaps a broken shield or some other cable malfunction.

Joel Servetz
RGB Media Services, LLC
Sarasota, Fl
videobyjoel@aol.com
http://www.rgbmediaservices.com

Return to posts index

Chris Walton
on Apr 30, 2013 at 1:59:57 am

Hey Guys,

Thanks very much for your feedback. I'll just keep winding as I have always done.

C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]