FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mic for a 3 day conference

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Obernesser
Mic for a 3 day conference
on Apr 5, 2013 at 3:51:25 pm

Hello to all...
I just received news that my company has been hired to tape a 3 day speaking engagement and I feel we are strong on the video end but I am looking for some help with mic'ing 3 people who will be on stage talking and 1 mic that will be used for audience questions. What would be the best route to make this happen? Would I need a board? There will be moving around so wireless I feel would be ideal. Lav's over handheld?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Return to posts index

Jim MacD0nald
Re: Mic for a 3 day conference
on Apr 5, 2013 at 5:49:00 pm

How big is the room Chuck? How many seats? Will they be sitting at a table or speaking at a podium. Do you have an assistant to help put mics on people if you use lavs? A board would be a good idea so that you can shut the mic off if it isn't being used or when it is being put on or taken off. Three directional stick mics on stands might get results. With a board you can then feed your camera.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Apr 5, 2013 at 8:04:21 pm

3 Wireless Lavs for the speakers on stage.

1 Wired or wireless hand-held on a stand for the audience.

Feed all into a mixer.

This would be our approach.

Chris

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Apr 7, 2013 at 5:58:35 pm

Presuming you're using more than one camera and therefore have multiple reord tras, you could consider doing a mix from the board, but also running each mic to sep tracs so you have everything available in post in the event that the live mix is less than perfect a any moment.
Might seem like an extra complication, but your mixer should be abe to provide direct outs in addition to the mix.
Might save the day.

Nb
But you def need a mixer board
And I'd consider 2 radio macs for the audience and a spare for the panel in case one goes down, depending on how long the recordings will run for.

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]