FORUMS: list search recent posts

I want to record the avid audio announcement webinar.

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Groom
I want to record the avid audio announcement webinar.
on Apr 4, 2013 at 9:05:19 pm

Here's the issue. It's at 2 am and although I'm keen to watch, I'm not into watching at 2, so I set about googling how to record it on my pc.
Seems vlc player which I already had , does this and I was quickly able to record whatever was happening on screen fine, but there's no audio.
Can anyone tell me how to configure vlc player to grab the audio too?

At the moment, I'm having to run vlc for pictures and pro tools separately for the audio record, and will have to sync them up for playback in the morning.

Bizarre bearing in mind my job, that its the audio I can't get, yet.

Any thoughts
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: I want to record the avid audio announcement webinar.
on Apr 5, 2013 at 12:49:41 pm

How'd that go big guy?

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Apr 5, 2013 at 2:05:01 pm

HI Ty
Its not until Monday 8th.
Im resigned to recording the pictures and audio separately (which works fine) and syncing them both up later to watch it.
Peter

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Apr 5, 2013 at 3:29:26 pm

Assuming your are talking about PC. If you are talking about Mac, then maybe someone else has a suggestion.

Check out TotalRecorder from http://www.highcriteria.com/
IMHO, it is a very good product at a killer price. (18 USD for the audio-only product, and similar low prices for the video versions)

The thing you may be missing is a way to configure the audio input on your computer to connect to the "stereo mix" which is what you normally hear from the computer's audio output.

Some audio drivers have a built-in option to select "stereo mix" (or some similar designation) as the recording source. But if your computer doesn't have that option (which most of them don't seem to, IME), there are 3rd party "drivers" which "insert" themselves into the data path and make that data stream available as a selectable recording input on the computer.

Return to posts index

André Engelhardt
on Apr 7, 2013 at 6:35:38 pm

If you're on a Mac you can use a tool such as Soundflower ( http://cycling74.com/soundflower-landing-page/ ) to route the audio from your browser into VLC for recording.

Easier yet and if you don't mind spending a few bucks, is to get iShowU (HD) from shinywhitebox.com. It's a screen-recording app I've been using for years to create machinima and record screencasts as well as tutorials for students and interns (as well as overseas tech support for family members ...)

I was thinking of doing the same since I can't be bothered to get up at, what's for me, 3am. Especially since I'm sure I'll see the new "whateveritis" at Musikmesse in 3 days anyways but I won't have any time to watch the video until after then.

Good luck!

--
André Engelhardt
Audio Engineer, Sound Designer
http://www.soundr.net

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Apr 7, 2013 at 6:41:23 pm

Hi
Im on a pc at home.

ive downloaded the trial of camtasia which is working fine.
I dont seem to be able to schedule it to record just before hand, so im running a test on a LONG file record right now to see if i can set it away and record till morning
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]