FORUMS: list search recent posts

5.1 export from FCP7???

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Petrovitch
5.1 export from FCP7???
on Mar 27, 2013 at 8:40:41 pm

Hello forum,

I have a 5.1 mix for a FCP7 project. I'd like to get it out of FCP7 and onto a bluray. Thoughts?
Also, what should the settings be on the sequence? -3db across all 6 tracks? 0db for L and R and -3db for the others? Export to compressor then to "surround settings" in compressor? export from FCP7 as a AIFF file to the desktop?

Alex Petrovitch
http://www.markwoodfilms.com
2013 iMAC 3.4 Quad Core i7, 32GB RAM, 3TB Fusion
FCP7/CS6/AVID
Canon 7D&5Dmk3
Panasonic HVX200

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: 5.1 export from FCP7???
on Mar 27, 2013 at 10:25:55 pm

You can make an AC3 file in Compressor but that won't do you much good if it wasn't mixed in 5.1 to begin with. And for that you'd need to do the mixing work in Soundtrack Pro, Logic, Nuendo or ProTools, etc.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: 5.1 export from FCP7???
on Mar 28, 2013 at 5:50:01 pm

Hi Alex,

[Alex Petrovitch] "I have a 5.1 mix for a FCP7 project."

Cool. I assume that by this you mean you have maybe six WAV files, each representing a stem (L, R, C, LFE, Ls, Rs).

[Alex Petrovitch] "I'd like to get it out of FCP7 and onto a bluray."

Definitely doable.

[Alex Petrovitch] "what should the settings be on the sequence?"

Like this:

Also, make sure that you set each individual track in your sequence to the appropriate output. You can do this in the track panel:

Then, set an in and out point on the sequence.

Now, we'll do TWO exports. One for video and one for audio.

Video: right-click the sequence and choose Export QuickTime Movie. Current Settings, Video Only, Self-Contained.

Audio: right-click the sequence and choose Export AIFFs. 48kHz, 24-bit, Channel Grouped.

Now you have a MOV file of your sequence and 6 AIFF files for your audio that match exactly in length.

Open Compressor and click the button that says Add Surround Sound. Click each channel and add the AIFF file that corresponds. Then click Add Video and add your MOV.

Now you can add your video and audio compression presets and author Blu-ray straight away.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]