FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interference From Block 26 UM400a Lectro Mixer to Camera Sends

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Paris
Interference From Block 26 UM400a Lectro Mixer to Camera Sends
on Mar 20, 2013 at 3:56:56 am

I'm a DP with the following audio package:
Sound Devices 552 with Lectro UM400a sends to a Lectro SR receiver on the camera.

I recently added 2 Block 26 Lectro SMQM transmitters and a Block 26 Lectro SR receiver to my system that already had 2 Block 22 200 Series transmitter/receiver combos and a 418s wired boom.

Once we added the new block 26 transmitters and SR receiver we started getting hits on the new block 26 gear. Calling Lectrosonics the tech support guys informed me the hits were probably being caused by the proximity to the camera send (UM400a) block 26 transmitters to the SR Receiver in the bag. Sure enough... when we turned off the camera sends, the problem went away and we hooked up via the multipin cable to finish the shoot.

My question is.... I know lots of guys are running with camera sends in the bag without issue, do I have to run a different block for the sends or is there another solution? One of the reasons I bought a block 26 system for the bag was to consolidate everything on one block. Should I re-think my system?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Bill Paris
Producer/Director of Photography
Crew Hawaii Television
http://www.crewhawaii.com

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Interference From Block 26 UM400a Lectro Mixer to Camera Sends
on Mar 20, 2013 at 2:52:48 pm

HI Bill,

Were I you, I'd call Lectro and ask for help sorting out what appears to be a block issue.
Lectro has one of the best service/support reputations in the US. Can't day enough good about them.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Bill Paris
Re: Interference From Block 26 UM400a Lectro Mixer to Camera Sends
on Mar 20, 2013 at 11:15:02 pm

Thanks Ty.... I'll try to sort this out with their tech support team.

Bill Paris
Producer/Director of Photography
Crew Hawaii Television
http://www.crewhawaii.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]