FORUMS: list search recent posts

lavalier frequencies worldwide

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jo roy
lavalier frequencies worldwide
on Mar 11, 2013 at 2:42:44 am

Hi,

I know that there is different audio frequencies over the world, but i read somewhere that
some are unavailable in the U.S., maybe in other countries too.

I want to buy Sennheiser lavaliers system soon, and i wonder if they gonna work anywhere in the world.
Is there a specific model for this?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: lavalier frequencies worldwide
on Mar 11, 2013 at 11:07:43 am

Id rekon not. Even if the devices would allow functioning on UK frequencies (currently Channel 38, recently moved from channel 69) you still need a license from UK regulatory body (JFMG) to turn them on. There are 4 useable unregulated frequencies on ch 70 but these are very congested, and very close to the 4 G mobile broadband networks (newly sited on ch69 next door) so theres a real risk territory.

I dont know about other countries, but Im sure that most will have regulatory bodies controlling this type of thing, so finding a universally accepted device will be difficult, not so much from a frequencies point of view and many will work across a very wide range, but from the legality point of view.

My advice would be
1) buy kit licensed for use in your territiory.
2) Hire local kit abroad when you need it, which will be specced to work on that countries frequenciies and come ready licensed if from a reputable hire outfit.

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]