FORUMS: list search recent posts

Marantz

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cassandra Wells
Marantz
on Mar 1, 2013 at 4:35:32 am

Hi,

I use a marantz professional solide state recorder PMD661. I'm trying to load what I taped to my computer but the card appears to be empty. Yet I can see and listen to the tracks from the marantz. Does anybody know how I can retrieve my tracks?

Thanks you very much!

Cassandra

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Marantz
on Mar 1, 2013 at 11:55:14 am

Ive never used a marantz etc, but are you putting the card into the computer , or linking the marantz to the computer by cable.
is the card formatted in a format that the computer recognises?
Petr

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Cassandra Wells
on Mar 1, 2013 at 3:58:37 pm

I used a cable from the marantz to my Mac supported bu Mountain Lion. I didn't format it but it used to work fine. The computer can tell there is a card but it thinks it is empty.
I think the last time I transfered information from the card to the computer I tried to empty the card from deleting the tracks on the card through my computer rather than by using the marantz. It didn't work because the tracks didn't appear on my computer but they still appeared in the marantz. I realized I had to erase the tracks through the marantz, not the computer. Now I recorded new material but my computer still acts like the card is empty when the card is full. I guess I just need to reformat the card, but in the meanwhile, is there any way I can retrieve the tracks that are currently on the card?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Mar 1, 2013 at 2:54:42 pm

Hi. I have a PM661, and never have had a problem with cards in my computer. Try using the USB connection from the Marantz though.

You didn't state some obvious things. What computer are you using? How old is the card reader? (some high capacity cards are not able to be read by certain older readers). etc.

The PMD uses a file system supported by Windows, but should be readable by any modern Mac.

Al

Return to posts index

Cassandra Wells
on Mar 1, 2013 at 4:07:49 pm

Hi, thanks for responding.

I use a Mac supported by Mountain Lion and everything is new. The card is the card that came with the Marantz. I used a USB to connect the Marantz to the computer. I don't think that is what the problem is because it sees that there is a card, only it sees it empty.

I think the problem is caused by the last time I transfered tracks from the marantz to the computer, every thing worked fine but then I tried to free the card space by deleting the tracks on it through my computer. This didn't work. The card appeared empty on my computer but the card was still full according the marantz. So I deleted the tracks via the marrantz. The problem is now I recorded new tracks and the card still appears empty on my computer, and full on the marantz. I probably messed the card up the first time and need to reformat it. But in the meantime, is there any way I can retreive those tracks?

Thanks alot!

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Mar 1, 2013 at 4:22:44 pm

Find someone with a Windows machine and see if it can read it.

Al

Return to posts index

André Engelhardt
on Mar 4, 2013 at 11:00:48 am

Deleting the tracks only throws them into the trash but does not actually erase the files to free up space. If you wanted to fully free up the space you would have had to delete the tracks and then empty the trash on your Mac, so while the files did appear to be deleted, in actuality they were only moved to an invisible folder. The best way to erase all content of memory cards used in devices such as cameras and audio recorders is to format them before the session using the device that will be recording to the card.

If you look closely, as you delete the files on your mac, the storage space available on the card does not change, only after you empty the trash do the files get permanently deleted.

The best way to proceed for now would be to use data recovery tools such as RescuePro (available from http://www.lc-tech.com/pc/sandisk-rescuepro-and-rescuepro-deluxe/ ) or similar software to get to the files.

Another question for you, can you actually play back the tracks on the Marantz that you have recorded or are they inaccessible from the Marantz recorder as well?

--
André Engelhardt
Audio Engineer, Sound Designer
http://www.soundr.net

Return to posts index

Cassandra Wells
on Mar 4, 2013 at 5:41:04 pm

Thanks, I'm downloading the software right now. I'll let you know.
Yes I can listen to the tracks on the Marantz.

Return to posts index

ted irving
on Sep 16, 2013 at 5:12:51 pm

Hello. Did you find a solution to your Marantz issue? I'm having the same issue and first time using it today. We can hear the audio if the SD card is in the slot and played back on the Marantz, but you can't see the recorded mp3 file if the SD card is put in a mac or pc. We had to go old school and run the RCA audio out into another camera and dub in real time. Really need a solution or i'll have to ditch the marantz and go with a Tascam or H4N Zoom.

Ted Irving
Freelance Content Creation
CBS MaxPreps/BBN3
http://www.tedtv.tv
tedirving@yahoo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]