FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interference connecting wireless lavs to Behringer sound mixer

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nonso Ugbode
Interference connecting wireless lavs to Behringer sound mixer
on Feb 22, 2013 at 11:50:30 pm

Hey folks,

So total n00b on this, but attempting a bit of a complicated set up. Attempting to send three wireless lav mics to an X1622 sound mix board I usually use for podcasting. However this time I want to send the sound out to two Panasonic HVX cameras for simultaneous recording during an event. I'm getting the worse interference now though...

I've connected the receivers for each mic (3) to the mixer using XLR, and then connected the mixer to the camera using XLR. The signal comes through but it is very dirty and I can't tell if it is just interference from the office I am testing in (lots of computers everywhere) or if it is something endemic to my setup.

I would appreciate any tips. I've tried moving the mixer to another less computer crowded location and the interference seems to minimize but it doesn't go away. Any thoughts will be helpful.

Cheers
Christian

Return to posts index

Nonso Ugbode
Re: Interference connecting wireless lavs to Behringer sound mixer
on Feb 23, 2013 at 12:16:16 am

I told you guys I was a n00b. So it looks like I can't have three of these wireless lavs on at once. When I turn them off except for one the interference completely disappears. I think I might have to use only one lav and a standing boom pole setup.

Thanks to anyone who has already given mental energy to this.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Feb 23, 2013 at 2:53:51 pm

People use multiple wireless microphones all the time. There is no fundamental issue with using multiple wireless mics. Some big Broadway or Vegas stage shows use numbers approaching 100 wireless mics concurrently.

You provided no information about your wireless microphones, particularly what channels they are operating on, so we are unable to help you there. Most wireless gear vendors have information that helps you select operating channels that are compatible without causing interference to other wireless mics.

Generally, you can isolate the various pieces of equipment to identify where the problem is. Many (most?) wireless receivers have some way to hear the audio using headphones, etc, without plugging them into the mixer. And you can test the mixer/camera compatibility completely independently of the type of microphones you are using.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Feb 24, 2013 at 8:45:48 pm

Hi
3radios is nothing, but your frequencies might be colliding or you might have 2 transmitters on the same frequency??

Interestingly tho, I have a friend who uses sennheiser g3 s into a behringer mixer who also has occasional interference problems, but I'd never thought to blame the desk????
I thought it was freqs and squelch settings.

Which radio brand is it you have and are they diversity??
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]