FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser ME66/K6 - Super-Cardioid Mic Capsule with K6

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
Sennheiser ME66/K6 - Super-Cardioid Mic Capsule with K6
on Feb 5, 2013 at 2:06:40 am

I've been using the AT4053 on boom poles fro studio shoots and really like the results.

We have some Sennheiser ME66/K6 - Super-Cardioid Mic Capsule with K6 that I used outdoors.

Was wondering if the pick up pattern was ok for in the studio as well. Fairly high ceilings maybe 20 feet though not the best sound treatment. Cork floor is pretty quiet but the rest is less than great.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Sennheiser ME66/K6 - Super-Cardioid Mic Capsule with K6
on Feb 5, 2013 at 2:53:41 pm

Craig,

Why not compare the two and let us know what you think? The K6 series is sort of a "student grade" series, meaning there are better sounding mics out there, usually for more money.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Feb 6, 2013 at 3:57:42 am

I can certainly hear the quality difference and I really like the ATs a lot. But I need a boom mike for 40 teams, 5 teams at a time, and the Sennheiser's were ordered before I took this position.

Funny though, I have always found that more professional equipment is easier to use and easier to teach and holds up better.

I thought the Sennheiser ME66/K6 was an outdoor shot gun till I noticed the box said Super-Cardioid Short Shotgun Condenser Microphone so I thought I’d give them a try and not risk damage to my ATs.

The reviews seemed to indicate folks are using it in a variety of locations.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Feb 6, 2013 at 4:13:03 am

Craig,

Any mic with a hollow interference tube can cause problems inside or out. It all depends of the reflectiveness of the environment.

Here's an easy explanation...

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]