shock mount recommendations

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
shock mount recommendations
on Feb 5, 2013 at 1:59:57 am

for boom pole mounting Sennheiser ME66/K6 - Super-Cardioid Mic Capsule with K6

and AT4053.

I've used the AT with just the mike clip that comes with it and really didn't notice much of a problem with pole or xlr handling noise.

but the Sennheiser is a different animal and seems to pick up all movement by operators.

we had some Pearstone - DUSM-1 Universal Shock Mounts lying around but they do not seem to isolate the mic real well and on a couple of them the screw that attaches the mount to the boom was stripped. not on my watch but i suspect that they are just a cheap build quality. Though I see on BH they run $50.

Now i am monitoring with headphones and had the headphone amp on the SD mixer turned up so maybe I'm just being too picky. But thought I'd get some feedback from the member here.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: shock mount recommendations
on Feb 6, 2013 at 3:50:18 am

Thanks. Looks good.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Feb 5, 2013 at 2:23:56 pm

Also take a look at the shock mounts from K-Tek http://ktekbooms.com

Eric

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Thanks no message
on Feb 6, 2013 at 3:52:32 am

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Feb 5, 2013 at 2:56:30 pm

Craig,

The Rycote Invision lyre suspensions are very good. Haven't heard the k-tek yet.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on Apr 20, 2013 at 3:12:46 am

Just received my Rycote Invision today. Wow. This is one well engineered adapter. I'm setting it up on a 5DMkiii tonight for a shoot tomorrow. It has an offset ability (to the right or left) that keeps the cord from being in your eye, and holds an AT897 with no problem at a distance that keeps it out of the 18mm edge. I'm sold. Plug the xlr into the 5D or into a field mixer with no problem. A winner.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]