FORUMS: list search recent posts

Senneiser g3 audio splats

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Lee
Senneiser g3 audio splats
on Feb 3, 2013 at 10:05:24 am

Hi

I have had some senneiser g3s fr a year ow and am plagued by an issue. I have three of them all with the standard clip mic that comes with them (me2 I think). I have a recurring audio crack that happens. It never effects the mics (or not that I have noticed) when they are used by themselves for single camera single presenter stuff. However whenever they are all used (sometimes with a 4th hired mic) I get a lot of audio splats. It sounds like a crackle and builds to a horrible crack. I typically do live webcasts to. Have the portable receivers plugged into an audio mixer which is when I tend to notice this.

I have tried changing frequencies and only use bank 1 in the uk but I am still going issues. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Richard

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Senneiser g3 audio splats
on Feb 3, 2013 at 9:59:56 pm

Have you used the 'Scan' function?..... These days with the amount of RF around you really need to do a scan on every unit every time at every different location.

SCAN should be the most used function after the 'On / Off" switch.

Return to posts index

Richard Lee
on Feb 4, 2013 at 11:44:16 am

Hi

I'll give this a try though I am lead to believe there are only 12 frequencies on bank 1 that can be used in the UK?

Thanks

Richard

Return to posts index

Antonis Tsoukatos
on Feb 4, 2013 at 12:26:14 pm

[Richard Lee] "I'll give this a try though I am lead to believe there are only 12 frequencies on bank 1 that can be used in the UK?"

You can use any frequencies in Channel 38 band (I believe that means any between 600-638Mhz or thereabouts - check on that).

Other banks on the G3 cover these frequencies as well.

There is a chart that came with your G3 which states which bank covers which frequencies.

http://www.antonis-t.com

Return to posts index

Richard Lee
on Feb 4, 2013 at 12:31:52 pm

Thanks, I was specifically advised by Sennheiser that unless using coordinated frequencies with JFMG we're only allowed to use bank 1 and indeed using frequencies across different banks can lead to issues which is why I now only use Bank 1 however I am still having the same issue.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Richard

Return to posts index

Antonis Tsoukatos
on Feb 4, 2013 at 12:52:07 pm

[Richard Lee] "Thanks, I was specifically advised by Sennheiser that unless using coordinated frequencies with JFMG we're only allowed to use bank 1"

Really?!? I find this quite odd.

I always thought that any frequencies between 606Mhz and 614Mhz (Ch.38) are open to all licensed users. And in the G3 100s that I've got, I can see usable frequencies in Banks: 6,7,9,10,11,12.

And certainly Banks shouldn't mean a lot really. It is just the way the manufacturer "organises" the provided frequencies with its products. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here ).

Also, with the G3s - under the Custom banks - you can manually change the frequencies but the RF modulation is not guaranteed to any frequencies that are not in the user banks,

http://www.antonis-t.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]