FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio in Wasington DC for the Inauguration 2013

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim MacD0nald
Audio in Wasington DC for the Inauguration 2013
on Jan 21, 2013 at 5:40:27 pm

I would love to see the blueprint for the set-up in Washington.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Audio in Wasington DC for the Inauguration 2013
on Jan 21, 2013 at 5:42:39 pm

I'd like to see all the money they're blowing on that self congratulatory party go to pay off the national debt.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jan 21, 2013 at 6:26:34 pm

Not sure how much of a noticible dent the 85 million bucks ( the 50% not being covered by corporate donations from AT&T, Microsoft, et al) would do to make more than a unseeable blip in the deficit. But after 200 plus years of Innaugration public celebrations - it would be kinda odd to do nothing.

If nothing else, the Innaugration was worth it for me as a sometimes writer just to have a public platform to showcase some of the finest talent the American system can produce. I'd never heard of Richard Blanco, the poet who was featured. But he literally moved me to tears.

Since the world watches and learns about we Americans from stuff like this. That dude made me massively proud to be American today.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jan 21, 2013 at 8:59:43 pm

Has something happened?
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jan 21, 2013 at 9:08:07 pm

I do sometimes wonder how they handle the audio delay verses the video projections for a truly massive live audience as commonly attends an inauguration.

I suspect that the audio delay has to run perhaps in full seconds to get the sound coming from the first speaker bank to match the sound of a speaker bank positioned the length of the national mall away. But the light from the screens takes a tiny fraction of the time to travel that far.

Interesting production issues to think about.

Any big event pros here who can weigh in on the topic?

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Jim MacD0nald
on Jan 22, 2013 at 2:17:48 pm

Audio VS video has been an issue since the broadcast industry started using new digital trucks. Any major event is using a high def digital truck. The argument was that there is nothing wrong with my audio, fix your video. The video was going through so much processing the audio was never close. How the audio was distributed is interesting. One of the magazines will probably have an article sooner or later.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]