FORUMS: list search recent posts

MixPre-D and Windows 7

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Bachmeier
MixPre-D and Windows 7
on Jan 15, 2013 at 2:34:09 pm

When connected by USB, my MixPre-D shows up in the Device Manager but not in the Sound window of the Control Panel on a Windows 7 computer.
It does show up and work on a Windows XP machine to I know the USB port and cable are good on the MixPre-D.
The Windows 7 machine does work with an ATR2100 USB mic used as a test of the computer's USB ports.
What might be preventing the MixPre-D from being seen as a sound source in Windows 7?
Sound Devices technical support feels it is a driver used by the Audio Technica mic.
Audio Technica said it does not use a special driver.
I'm wiring direct from the MixPre-D to the computer, not hubs.
Have tried rebooting with nothing else attached the machine, etc.
I'm thinking there is something glaringly obvious and simple I don't know about to make this work but after a week of searches i seem to be the only one struggling with this.
Any thoughts or any other information I might give that would help?

Return to posts index

Filippo Giraudi
Re: MixPre-D and Windows 7
on Mar 12, 2013 at 10:47:51 am

Hi there,
I'm Filippo and i'm writing from Italy.
First of all, sorry for my english.

Than...I had the same problem. But recently I've updated all my pc's drivers with this software: http://www.drivereasy.com/
[You can just install the free options]
Drivereasy 'told' me the my PCI drivers [and also the USB3.0 and 2.0 drivers] were old and not updated.
So, after some hours in front of my notebook, I get averything I need to use my mixpre-d.

Notes:
1) before any kind of new try with your SoundDevices, get all the drivers about PCI, USB, BIOS, Integrated AUDIO CARD and internal HD.
2) Go to your devices manager (with your mixpre-d connected) and unistall your mixpre-d.
3) disconnect the device, reconnect it and wait window's installation response.

Let me know,
Filippo

Return to posts index

Don Bachmeier
Re: MixPre-D and Windows 7
on Mar 14, 2013 at 12:34:54 pm

Thank you VERY much Filippo.
I will give it try as soon as I can.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]