FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem at recording sound directly to computer with Zoom H1

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Engin Osmanovski
Problem at recording sound directly to computer with Zoom H1
on Dec 30, 2012 at 12:03:35 pm

I attached a Zoom H1 to my computer with a USB cable to use it as an interface as mentioned in its manual. But the recorded sound ended up all distorted despite i adjusted the input levels of the device properly. The input levels look ok when i check the Zoom's display but once the recording ends and i playback, the sound is distorted. I don't know what i am doing wrong. Is it possible to record sound from Zoom H1 directly to computer in the first place or am i trying the impossible? Any solution?

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Problem at recording sound directly to computer with Zoom H1
on Jan 4, 2013 at 2:24:07 pm

Are you able to record and play back sound on the H1 independent of the computer?
What computer? What operating system? What sound recording software? Are you able to record sound on your computer directly?

There are so many variables here, and you have omitted so many necessary details that it is nearly impossible to reply to your question. That is likely why there have been no responses to this question.

Return to posts index

Engin Osmanovski
on Jan 4, 2013 at 2:48:16 pm

Sorry. Here are some details. I hope that helps:

- Yes, i am able to record and playback sound on the H1 independent of the computer.

- My computer is a dual core Vaio laptop with 4gb ram, Win7 Ultimate.

- I tried recording in Premiere Pro. And also in Windows' sound recorder. I am able to record sound in both of them. The problem is when i use H1 for the job, the recorded sound is all distorted. When i use built-in mic of the laptop, everything is alright.

- I am able to record sound on my computer.

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
on Jan 4, 2013 at 5:01:04 pm

I would first check what signal you are sending out of the H1. Are you using the "line out"? If so, are you going into a "line in" on your computer? My guess is that you going into the "mic in" port on the computer. That would result in the bad distortion you are getting. Otherwise, you may need to check the preferences settings for your recording software on the computer if it has the ability to set input recording levels.

Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Engin Osmanovski
on Jan 4, 2013 at 5:35:57 pm

I attach H1 to my computer via USB. No Line in/outs or mic in/outs.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jan 4, 2013 at 10:46:05 pm

Yes def use USB connection not analog
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]