FORUMS: list search recent posts

Preview live input in Audition CS6

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Kownacki
Preview live input in Audition CS6
on Dec 14, 2012 at 3:02:25 am

I have searched & searched everywhere and cannot find a solution to why I cannot monitor live input. The level meters are moving and it records & plays just fine; I simply cannot hear the live source. In the Audition Forum http://bit.ly/UFNd1t there was an older (and somewhat rude) discussion for Audition 1.5 with the same issue - they appeared to have a PC driver issue. I'm on a mac 10.6.8, CS6, input is a USB iMic connector, output is simply mac line out. Is there a monitor button someplace I'm overlooking?

Totally baffled.

Steve

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Preview live input in Audition CS6
on Dec 14, 2012 at 4:52:42 pm

Hello Steve and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Ha! I had the same problem. Maybe it was my question over there that you ran into.
You need to click on the R and the I boxes. R for record, I for Input Monitoring.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Dec 14, 2012 at 5:42:57 pm

Thanks Ty, easy enough in multitrack mode. Is it not possible when using the Waveform recorder?

Steve

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Dec 14, 2012 at 5:51:47 pm

Steve,

I think you have to be recording to see meters, don't know about hearing audio. Audition was a kluge of two different softwares some years back. Not all integration was elegant.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Dec 14, 2012 at 6:05:40 pm

Actually in the waveform mode, the meters move (by double clicking them) but no monitoring.

I've watched about 6 tutorials about basic setup on the Adobe site and various people on Youtube and when they punch record, they seem to be able monitor the input, yet nobody makes mention of this being a function that needs to be turned on. Seems like it should be as intuitive as the "I" button on the multitrack.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Steve

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Dec 14, 2012 at 9:10:02 pm

Just to bring closure to this...

I hooked up my mobilepre and all is well. Apparently the iMic and built-in audio do not support live preview except in the Multitrack mode of Audition. Not only does the mobilepre give me live monitoring of the input but also simultaneous playback of the currently open file

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]