FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice on Field Mixers

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Lee
Advice on Field Mixers
on Dec 11, 2012 at 5:02:32 am

Hello, I'm considering purchasing a field mixer and could use some advice. I've read a few postings here, and it seems the majority have been recommending Sound Devices. Initially, I was considering the 302, but with the recent price increase on their products, the likelihood of that happening is low.

This will mostly be used for personal projects as a separate system, and as a learning tool. Ideally I'd like to find something that will provide bang for my buck so to speak.

Are there other decent field mixers that are recommendable? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Advice on Field Mixers
on Dec 11, 2012 at 5:32:37 pm

How many inputs and outputs do you need? It sounds like 3 in and 2 out? If you really need that many, Azden has a decent model with 4 in and 2 out. I own it (I can't remember the model number at present). It is *not* of the quality of SD, but for the price, it is a good solid mixer. (much better build than many of their other items like mics). I have used it once or twice and my only disappointment is the meters, the old style non digital. They seem to not be terribly accurate. But the unit has very low noise, the pre's seem to be fine.

I also use a SD Mixpre-d, which I love. But it doesn't do more than two in. Much better meters.

If you can afford to save up for the 302, or wait for a deal on Ebay, you might find one. they do come up occassionally.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]