FORUMS: list search recent posts

SFX Library for Reality TV shows?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Silver
SFX Library for Reality TV shows?
on Dec 10, 2012 at 10:08:00 pm

I'm looking for a good sound effect library collection for reality TV for a variety of shows. A lot of sound effects libraries are geared towards movies, so it would be great to find a diverse library of real sounds that are more grounded and fitting for reality TV. If any library recommendations can be made that are around 1000$ or less that would be great, but I would greatly appreciate all recommendations for good reality tv sfx libraries.

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: SFX Library for Reality TV shows?
on Dec 12, 2012 at 3:23:08 am

Unless you are stuck out in the jungle somewhere without internet connectivity, what about the online libraries? They let you search and preview thousands and thousands of SFX and buy and download them on the spot in the format of your choice. Beats a static library that you have to maintain and search through, IMHO.

My favorite is http://www.sounddogs.com/ which is, in effect, the library of a major Hollywood studio.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Dec 12, 2012 at 11:19:34 am

what kind or reality? Thats a wide brief.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

James Silver
on Dec 12, 2012 at 3:41:45 pm

@Richard: Downloading etc is another step editors do not want to deal with.

@Peter: We're doing lots of different shows for lots of different networks, so I'm looking for a broad ranging foley of different happenings and environments etc.

Right now I'm looking at Sound Ideas collections since they seem to have a good price to sample ratio and good things have been said, but if there are better libraries for the buck I would def love to hear.

Return to posts index

Tom Prigge
on Dec 12, 2012 at 10:36:04 pm

I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, especially the original poster--not interested in starting a flame war--but it seems a bit ironic that sound effects are needed for a "reality show." (And yes, I know that's not the dictinary definition of ironic. And I'm not naïve enough to think that reality shows are real.) Just made me smile, that's all.

Return to posts index

Bob Kessler
on Dec 13, 2012 at 5:22:33 pm

I'm just curious why there would be a separate sub-set of sounds that pertain to "Reality" TV shows rather than narrative or comedy TV shows. Or are you looking for specific sounds like whooshes? Or are you confusing musical hits, transitions, etc. with sound effects? Some specificity would help to steer you in the right direction.

Peace,

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]