FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch "equalizing"

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arnor Kristjansson
Batch "equalizing"
on Nov 19, 2012 at 11:23:54 pm

I've searched high and low for something that I found years ago online, software that analyzes a playlist of audio files and does some voodoo magic on them so that the apparent volume is the same between transition from one to the next.

Like i said I found this years ago and remember that it was Windows only and that it cost $795 (or was it $995?) but I can't for the life of me find it now.

I will have to do this for ~2300 hours of audio and who knows how many files and I am pretty sure I would run out of sanity if I had to do this manually.

What am I looking for? An equalizer? A normalizer? Any help would be appreciated

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Batch
on Nov 20, 2012 at 4:44:35 am

Most audio software has a normalizing function which gets the level to a standard equal level. Even 'Audacity' a free editing package has it..... I think but eq I'm not sure.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Batch "equalizing"
on Nov 20, 2012 at 8:20:57 am

I think youre looking for Levelator
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Arnor Kristjansson
on Nov 21, 2012 at 9:37:12 am

Levelator doesn't support MP3.

Is Audacity intelligent about the normalization or will it normalize the material to the lowest common denominator?

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Nov 22, 2012 at 9:07:32 am

You should read more about what levelator does, and how it does it. It isnt justa normalizer. Every software does that. Its cleverer than just that.

You didnt mention about mp3's. If level doesnt accept mp3 give it what it does recognise.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]