FORUMS: list search recent posts

Todays interesting project

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Groom
Todays interesting project
on Oct 27, 2012 at 11:38:30 am

Today Im off to do a shoot. Only 2 of us with 4 cameras to shoot in complete darkness inside a train, in a tunnell, using Infra red light!
Its an emergency training situation with fake injured passengers and the emergency services to get everyone off / out.

We'll see how good my shooting and sound recording skills are in the dark, in a carriage full of smoke surrounded by 50 wailing injured drama queens!

Might have to post some audio later to see if someone can clean it up and undistort it for me.

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Todays interesting project
on Oct 27, 2012 at 1:19:34 pm

Wailing injured drama queens require an extra 10db of audio headroom.

Eric

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Oct 27, 2012 at 11:56:49 pm

Actual darkness is useful for the responders to practice under realistic circumstances. But if you are making a training video, trying to shoot using IR seems counter-productive and costly for no apparent benefit to the final product.

In similar circumstances, I have strongly advised against trying to combine shooting a real training video concurrently with an actual exercise. Those are two different projects with different goals, and they will both suffer if you try to combine them. Shooting "B-roll" document to evaluate how the training exercise went is a different thing with different requirements for success.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Oct 28, 2012 at 2:41:22 am

Hello Peter,

If you run into anything like that, I'll do what I can.

Regards,

Ty

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]