FORUMS: list search recent posts

How Would You Cover Car Horns? I Know Miracle Requested;-)

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaye James
How Would You Cover Car Horns? I Know Miracle Requested;-)
on Oct 18, 2012 at 10:15:31 pm

Nw York City Traffic is ruining my videos.

I have my dream space. Sadly the sound is horrible. But I'm stuck for the next few months. (Lesson Learned;-).

So given that I can't re-record, have to record here in the future, don't have a budget, can't add anything to windows, need to give up etc.

How would you cover a car horn throughout your audio? Song with horn sounds, ignore it, what?

Untreated Audio Recorded using Rode NTG-2 + Zoom Hn4
Audio - Skip to Middle Point

Tried using RX2 to isolate car horn - Nope!
Soundtrack doesn't work either.

Purchasing Octava m-12 to get better sound.

Any ideas. Please share.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: How Would You Cover Car Horns? I Know Miracle Requested;-)
on Oct 18, 2012 at 11:36:07 pm

Hello Jaye and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Find a different place to record and, having heard your track, I don't think the new mic will help you.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: How Would You Cover Car Horns? I Know Miracle Requested;-)
on Oct 19, 2012 at 11:32:31 am

Id agree with Ty. Your mic doesnt sound like your problem, so buying another wont help. its the environment.
If you were just recording audio, id say buy a shed and put in in the farthest corner from the windows and soften the interior with duvets etc.

Are your windows double / triple glazed. Doesnt sound like theyre even closed to me? I think they need work.
The room sounds hard walled? ceiling hard? floor hard? Soften everything possible off with carpet, drapes, soft furnishings etc etc. None of that will stop the noise from the street. Only effective barriers will do that. Dense materials.

If you cant change the space, then youll need to either put up and embrace the fact that youre lucky enough to Live in NY, or find a new space?? Id happily swap. (ive my eye on a job at Todd AO one day!!)
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]