FORUMS: list search recent posts

vo

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Peck
vo
on Oct 5, 2012 at 12:29:29 am

I'm shooting a video which is mostly VO. The actor is going to be on camera some of the time. Should we use the same mic for both. I was planning on using a Saken COS-11 for the on camera shoot. Should I use the Saken for the VO as well. I was thinking the audio would match better if used the same mic.

Thanks,
Tony

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: vo
on Oct 5, 2012 at 1:36:11 am

You've answered your own question. It would help if the locations were the same also.

Eric

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Oct 5, 2012 at 10:12:02 am

It sort of depends on if you "creatively" want to make it clear to the viewer that one is on location and 1 is added studio content. its a style thing, but if thats not part of the idea, then Eric is right, same mic in same location.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Tony Peck
on Oct 5, 2012 at 1:58:21 pm

I would like it to feel that it is in the same location as much as possible. Unfortunately we have to record the VO ahead of time at a different location.

Thanks,
Tony

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Oct 5, 2012 at 10:52:27 pm

I would think with todays post audio EFX plugins you could make the VO sound close to the on camera tracks.

Eric

"I push the RECORD button and hope for the best"

Return to posts index

Ann Clark
on Oct 16, 2012 at 2:35:30 am

Of course, the best way to make two recordings match up is to do them during the same session with the same equipment.

Not clear on why the VO "must" be recorded ahead of the on-camera portion in some other location. Some details on why that's important might give people some clues to help you out.

But if you must record VO ahead of time, why not do both?

After your VO is recorded in your alternate location, just have your talent do the whole thing with one mic in your studio where the shoot occurs. At least you'll have that sound if your pre-recorded VO doesn't match like you want.

A distant second best is to use the same mic and settings (if possible) for both recordings.

Just a thought.

MacPro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 14GB memory - OSX10.6.8 FCP7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]