FORUMS: list search recent posts

Most Sound FX for the Money

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Perrodin
Most Sound FX for the Money
on Sep 24, 2012 at 9:15:00 pm

Hey, everybody! I've always found the CreativeCow forums to be super informative, and so I've decided to join yall!

As the subject says, I am trying to find the best, most comprehensive, high quality sound fx library for the money. I've used some free websites here and there, and sometimes I find what I'm looking for and sometimes the quality is good, other times, it's not so great. So I'm looking for a good comprehensive library I can just grab and use at least 90% of the time. I am always using foley sounds, different backgrounds, impacts & wooshes, vintage sound fx, screams & other people sounds, comedy sound fx, and weird abstract sounds for my productions.

I'm sure you'll agree that the more sound fx the better! Looking at a range of 200 to 500 USD.

What would you guys suggest?

Right now, Sony is doing a buy-one-get-one-free deal, so I could get all the volumes of their Sony Pictures Sound FX library (over 2,300 sounds) for about $ 280.

Sound Ideas has a hard drive (the XV Sound FX Combo) with 4,100+ sounds for $398.

Or I could get all the Digital Juice libraries (44,000+ sounds) for $400. I've used Digital Juice sound effects in the past, and hated the way they were organized and the search, but for the price, I'm thinking it could be the best deal.

Are there other libraries you would recommend?
Please let me know what you use, how many sound fx are in that library, and the price range. This would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Most Sound FX for the Money
on Sep 25, 2012 at 2:47:35 pm

If you can get
sound ideas
Digieffects
Hollywood edge

libraries then youll not go too far wrong
peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index