FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound Effects Libraries

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan McAlpine
Sound Effects Libraries
on Sep 11, 2012 at 3:01:27 pm

I recently began editing reality television shows. There are four different shows I am editing ranging from singing competitions to scripted/reality comedy. Anyway, my boss wants more sound effects. There are a million different sound libraries online at a wide price range. I would like some suggestions on what collections people are using and if they are happy with them. I could use wooshes, explosions, goofy uh-oh type sound effects, and just generic transition and situational sfx.

Thanks!

~ Nate

Return to posts index

Bob Kessler
Re: Sound Effects Libraries
on Sep 11, 2012 at 4:11:29 pm

SoundDogs has many of the major sound libraries, and you can audition and purchase the sounds individually. I know that it's time consuming, but just audition lots of sound from each category and see which library has the things that you like and order the whole library. If you have the budget Sound Ideas offers large collections on hard drives, and will custom load a drive with the libraries you specify; pricey, but you save money in relative terms.

The Big Whoosh collections are popular; there are six of them. The very overused Hanna-Barbera cartoon library is available for "goofy" stuff. BlastWave and Hollywood Edge both have some very nice varied and specific collections.

Peace,

Bob

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Sep 11, 2012 at 8:47:04 pm

I used to like Hollywood Edge, I bought some BBC discs a few years ago which are still good for atmos/backgrounds but not so much for spot effects, now I mainly go to SoundDogs. Having said that, it's surprising how useful the effects that were bundled with Logic Pro can be with a bit of tweaking and I have a bunch of backgrounds that I recorded myself.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Sep 12, 2012 at 12:30:24 pm

holllwood edge and sound ideas, with BBC and Digieffects are the main ones for me.
Noisefuel is also worth having around for little bits and pieces.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]