FORUMS: list search recent posts

Construction Equipment

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliott Sidey
Construction Equipment
on Jul 24, 2012 at 6:07:40 pm

The loud beeping noise of construction equipment is apparent briefly for one of my video/audio recordings.
Any ideas how to isolate that noise and maybe apply a filter in FCP7 to drown it out? without losing my interview subjects voice?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Construction Equipment
on Jul 25, 2012 at 9:30:10 am

If you want to post a sample mp3 up via the cow so we can have a listen (and a go at removal) that would be fun?

I dont think youve got any chance in FCP.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Elliott Sidey
on Jul 25, 2012 at 6:36:33 pm

What program do you suggest? I would love to understand what filters/passes to apply in a program like Logic.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jul 25, 2012 at 9:13:23 pm

Id use Isotope rX but its costly
Id like to have a listen and a go at fixing it if you can upload
Peter

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Jul 26, 2012 at 5:59:46 am

I don't know anything about FCP or any other cult-of-Mac hardware or software, but any legitimate audio editing application should have a feature to filter out specific frequencies (notch filter, parametric filter, etc.) Those back-up audio alarms on vehicles are pretty much a pure tone and thus relatively easy to filter out without losing too much of the desired signal.

For example, in Adobe Audition, I can manually "tune" the notch filter up and down to identify the specific tone and completely remove it.

But as others have already mentioned, without posting an actual sample that we can hear and test, we can't really offer you anything more than vague theoretical responses.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jul 26, 2012 at 8:47:53 am

Hi Richard
yes you are right and FCP/ AVID etc etc do have basic notch filtering.
The impressive thing about dedicated tools for restoration and tones removal is that they "learn" exactly which sound you want to replace and attenuate / remove it, and its harmonics. Thus leaving other sounds of the same frequencies (say in a vo) alone.

BUT theyre not an easy learn. Sometimes I get amazing results, and sometimes I struggle to improve things much. I think its down to training.
Peter

Return to posts index

Elliott Sidey
on Jul 26, 2012 at 8:08:01 pm

So not 100% i did this right, but heres an aiff of the sample clip. So this happens throughout the entire clip, could u guys give me some recommendations on how to fix the entire clip?
I've been playing with the notch filter with no success.

I have FCP7, FCPX, and Adobe Audtion

https://www.dropbox.com/s/slb0qe6c56rnen4/Sample%20Cut%20Beep_1-2.aif

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jul 27, 2012 at 8:13:37 am

id get some proper audio restoration tool on it. (like isotope rx) I dont think merely filters will get it out.
heres my attempt

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jul 27, 2012 at 8:14:42 am

4442_samplecutbeep12afterfix.aif.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]