FORUMS: list search recent posts

pro tool VS everyone else.

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DamenQuincy Hayes
pro tool VS everyone else.
on Jul 21, 2012 at 6:24:38 pm

Hey all, I am a 15 year pro musician, 5 year filming Audio director/ Sound tech. I use my macpro/w protools for filming and commercial audio ...I personally love it ... basically because of on location mixing for quick listening. I have talked with a lot of people in the industry and none of them have used it or know how to use it in the same fashion. this makes a niche market for me. I have used multiple recorders that don't have as good features but I see people still using them. what do you prefer.

DQ Hayes

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: pro tool VS everyone else.
on Jul 23, 2012 at 2:10:15 pm

If you mean that lots of the people in the field recording arena havent used pro tools, Im not surprised. Its not really a field recording tool. its a post tool.
Ive never seen anyone use pro tools on a shoot either, but im on shoot locations most weeks.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Bob Kessler
on Jul 23, 2012 at 4:05:39 pm

I haven't done any production sound work since the days of DAT recorders, although I still use digital recorders for collecting sound effects.

My understanding is that many production sound folks are using Boom Recorder on a laptop if they are not using dedicated multitrack production sound recorders like Sound Devices, Zaxcom, etc.

Peace,

Bob

Return to posts index

Michael Martin
on Jul 26, 2012 at 8:35:50 pm

i use pro tools for post work but due to the short notice at which i usually have to respond its not efficient for me on set, i work off a mobile cart with my mix bag and i can just strap the bag on if i have to get into tight areas. i know of a few mixers who offered services to record direct to pro tools and even fcp but it turns into a hassle and they eventualluly went back to the field recorder. besides there isn't much advantage when recorders do timecode and the editor will be chopping up your hard work. Plus fcp doesn't even import omf's which would be a plus if that became part of the fcp work flow.

-Michael Martin
Martin Media Company LLC
Location Sound/Audio Post Production/Sound Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]