FORUMS: list search recent posts

can i change the entonation at the end of a speech?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicolas Laborde Zunino
can i change the entonation at the end of a speech?
on Jul 11, 2012 at 9:51:14 pm

Last year i made a small advertising for a local network. Now the client wants to cut a part of the speech but the person who did the speech (i'm from Uruguay and i speak spanish so my english is limited in technical terms) is outside the country and cannot make the speech again. So we need a part of it and it can be cutted but at the end the entonation grows up (because the phrase continued) . Can i change the entonation at the end of the phrase to make it down? (i don`t know how to exactly say or explain that). Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: can i change the entonation at the end of a speech?
on Jul 12, 2012 at 7:21:12 am

Hi

Technically - yes its perfectly possibe, but how good it sounds will really depend on the phrasing, how high he goes, and how complete the word is your cutting out on.
In reality, as youre working in a different language to your own, its an added complication as you may well not be able to tell how it really sounds in the wrong language. Id not fancy doing it to a spanish voice as I dont speak spanish etc etc.

Why dont you upload the FULL line (with a note where you want it cutting out on and let us have a go for you? Could be fun. Also include everything he says, used or unused as Ill often steal a part sound form a different word to make a sound and this might exist elsewhere.

What platform are you running on (ie what tools do you have?
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Nicolas Laborde Zunino
Re: can i change the entonation at the end of a speech?
on Jul 17, 2012 at 6:38:58 pm

Hi Peter. Thanks for answering. i`ve been busy so I couldn't answer you. This is the FULL LINE: 4408_audiooriginal.wav.zip and here the part that i want with entonation down (I do need only this part):4409_corte.wav.zip I work with Audition cs6 on win 7 64 bits. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]