FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vocalign etc

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Groom
Vocalign etc
on Jul 11, 2012 at 11:17:11 am

Hi
Anyone using software plug ins for pro tools for ADR syncing such as vocalign (or any other plug ins youd care to recommend for this task)
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Bob Kessler
Re: Vocalign etc
on Jul 11, 2012 at 3:17:45 pm

I use Vocalign and love it.

Peace,

Bob

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jul 11, 2012 at 8:40:51 pm

yep the demo was impressive.
any others?
peter

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jul 11, 2012 at 10:04:46 pm

Peter,

Years ago, when it was part of the DAR Soundstation, I arranged for a demo at Rodel in DC. We used material that was in a current Rodel production, not demo fodder.

It was pretty stunning even back then. I later wrote an article for MIX or Millimeter. I interviewed an LA post house (Doc Kane, I think) and he said Vocalign reduced their ADR by about 70%.

One other non-ADR plan that may help people is in situation where you have multiple takes and there's a problem with the "keeper" take.

Vocalign software, either stand alone or plugin can make a "keeper" out of a bad take. If the problem is just a small section of the "keeper", you may be able to use a portion of the audio from another take. Vocalign will analyze the "keeper" and apply time compression and expansion to the target take to make it match the timing of the "keeper." It works scarily well a lot of the time, but there are limitations.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jul 12, 2012 at 7:30:38 am

Yep all good.
Im intending to use it where i have already had to ADR a lot of lines that are in vision and sync. The keepers will be the best adr take for sound, performance and sync, but vocalign will take it from good to perfect.
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]