FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wireless mic no sound

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Peikin
Wireless mic no sound
on Jul 4, 2012 at 10:46:12 am

Hello, I recorded a wedding using a (pretty cheap) wireless mic. All the right switches/lights were on and the batteries were new, however on the playback all I get for audio is a soft "under water" sound. Total bummer! I doubt it, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the actual wedding audio could exist somewhere in the camera (I was recording with the cam's built in memory) or do I just have to face the music? Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Wireless mic no sound
on Jul 4, 2012 at 3:34:50 pm

Were you wearing headphones to confirm good audio at the camera
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 4, 2012 at 5:18:47 pm

It is possible that it is a playback issue. When you play it back from the camera do the cam's meters respond in a pattern you had expected? If so it might be recorded to a channel that is not being played back due to a cam setting. Always do a mike check from the cam's headphone port or RTN in from the mixer and always play back some test footage at the location. If possible play it back on a monitor and speaker system rather than just the cam's headphone output since cam's HP amps usually suck.

Hopefully since you were using cheap equipment this was not for a lot of money. You might consider recording some interviews or a V.O. while the bride or whomever watches the edited visuals to use as a sound track. Or if these were interviews about the bride and groom you can always reshoot. Just admit to the bride that technical problems ruined the audio track.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Dan Peikin
on Jul 6, 2012 at 2:42:37 pm

Thanks guys. I'll try to see if it is a playback issue but I'm not hopeful. I appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jul 5, 2012 at 8:06:40 am

Another thing i cant believe about this.
Why would anyone ONLY use a radio. Its the most likely to let you down (no matter how expensive) compared to a wired mic. Surely with the opportunity to record 2 channels of audio your put the radio on 1 channel and another audio source on the other????

Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]