FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best audio board for live TV?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Higginbotham
Best audio board for live TV?
on Jun 26, 2012 at 1:21:43 am

Hello pro audio group!

So I have a question that will be somewhat subjective. I'm working on a lot of live events lately and as with any event video is 80% audio. The events tend to range in needs, but generally we will have talent (between 1 and 4 people), NAT sound, music and a few more sources from carts and whatnot.

One other item that I am running in to now is the need to control audio from 2 different locations. Same building, but 1 floor apart. One of the areas is the audio for the live video feeds, the other area is the audio for house sound.

Based on the not-so-detailed information above, does the group have any good suggestions for audio boards that would work well in a live television environment? We have a Presonus Studio Live 16.4.2 now, which is nice. But there are little things like the control room monitor not impacted by the master fader that is a bit... annoying.

And while I have y'all here... Any good suggestions on a single mode fiber audio snake that does send/return audio as well as comms? Already have the fiber run for video, but would love to get audio on its own system.

Thanks all!

Benjamin Higginbotham

Benjamin Higginbotham
Spacevidcast.com
benjamin@spacevidcast.com

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Best audio board for live TV?
on Jun 26, 2012 at 3:26:50 am

Hello Ben and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

After serious research, my friend Jim BIgwood chose Calrec for Maryland Public TV. They are very impressive for all the right reasons.

http://calreccommunity.buzzsprout.com/2418/17345-interview-with-jim-bigwood...

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]