FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconforming to poly BWAV from mono mixdown

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Olinger
Reconforming to poly BWAV from mono mixdown
on Jun 8, 2012 at 8:33:22 pm

Hi,

I`m on assistant editor on an indie RED shoot that is looking to record 8 track poly BWAV files using dual system.

I am going to have the production mixer provide a mono mixdown on track 1, for the picture editor to work with.

For syncing the BWAV`s to picture through timecode, I was going to use RedCinex Pro for sync, and then transcode out Quicktime proxies with only the mono mixdown included.

My only concern is when it comes to dialogue editing. With this workflow, is it possible to conform back to the original BWAV files using the Quicktime mono mixdown as a guide?

The Quicktime proxies, do retain the original timecode. We would be using Final Cut 7 for the picture edit.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Reconforming to poly BWAV from mono mixdown
on Jun 9, 2012 at 1:24:32 pm

Have a look at Sync and Link
http://assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com/Sync-N-Link/

But as always, test before you commit yourself.

Can't you just put the polyfiles in your rendered QT's?

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Alex Olinger
Re: Reconforming to poly BWAV from mono mixdown
on Jun 9, 2012 at 6:22:05 pm

Sync N Link looks like it could work well. I can sync up the poly wav`s to the video, though the the editor only wants to cut with the mono mixdown on track 1, looks like will just delete the poly tracks from the timeline while working.

Can we use Titan or Virtual Katy to conform the separate poly tracks back in through timecode/metadata when sending the cut to ProTools, so the dialogue editor can have access to the separate tracks?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]