FORUMS: list search recent posts

New boom pole

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Reynolds
New boom pole
on Jun 7, 2012 at 12:32:13 am

I'm in the market for a new boom pole, what I'm after is as light as possible (most likely carbon fibre) I don't mind lots of sections 4-6 or more, but it MUST be no longer than 45cm folded down as it needs to fit in a pelican case for transport, the overall length extended can be 120+cm .
Names that come to me are VDB, K-Tec, Gitzo does anyone have good / bad comments for type, locking rings. cabled uncabled etc etc.
My main usage would be for commercial, news, current affairs + Doco usage, little or no film usage and I do have radio mics for very wide shots.
The mic used normally would a Senni 416 with just a Rycote softie and the occasional blimp.

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: New boom pole
on Jun 7, 2012 at 2:05:00 am

K-tek has the widest range of poles with all the specs for each one. Check out their website for the pole that meets your specs & budget.
http://www.ktekbooms.com

Eric

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: New boom pole
on Jun 8, 2012 at 6:02:29 am

Go to http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Boompoles-Fishpoles/ci/8659/N/4291070001 and use the filters on the side to select the features you want. You get what you pay for with quality. Use the filter at the top and select high to low pricing. I don't like coiled internal cables. One accidental twist and it won't fold down. I like the cable to come out the side at the bottom - won't get strained when resting the boom on the ground. You can call k-tek customer support. They are pretty helpful.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]