FORUMS: list search recent posts

Challenging sound isolation-suppression issue

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim bachalo
Challenging sound isolation-suppression issue
on May 15, 2012 at 12:09:55 am

Hi
I really need expert help from an audio expert in post processing of this audio recording of bells (change ringing).
http://vimeo.com/42167906
pw bells

What I need to do is suppress as much as possible the sounds of the ropes and pulleys(obvious once you listen to the clip) while at the same time enhancing the sounds of the bells.

Not sure what is possible and any help-feedback appreciated!!

I am using both Audacity and the latest Adobe Audition CS6 for most of my audio post work.
I'm familiar with basic compression, noise reduction and equalization techniques but have had no luck so far.

ps: No I can't re-record:(

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Challenging sound isolation-suppression issue
on May 15, 2012 at 1:17:37 am

I couldn't get to your clip as it needs a password. I thought it might be pw bells, but that didn't work. Anyway, iZotope RX2 will probably be able to remove the sounds behind the bells.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

jim bachalo
on May 15, 2012 at 1:58:06 am

Thanks will give it a try

btw bells is the password

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

Michael Martin
on May 15, 2012 at 8:27:38 am

Hi Jim,
I just listened to your click, is it the sort of clicking sound? I do a lot of NR and clean up but in this situation the sounds is no really isolated or sustained. You can try RX2 spectral repair which works really well but you need a sustained tone to make it work for you. You also could try a little eq notching on those frequencies to reduce it. Some times you have to embrace what you get and not mess with it, that's what I usually do in production audio and was thanked for it.

Good luck.

-Michael Martin
Martin Media Company LLC
Location Sound/Audio Post Production/Sound Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]