FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound Fx Library

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
francesco glavina
Sound Fx Library
on Apr 19, 2012 at 8:25:49 am

Hi.
I'm trying to do a fast editing and need some nice "editing sound fx".
The style? I like the "Man on Fire" sound work, or sound design did on little shorts like Lighthelm's.

http://vimeo.com/13724774

Now, I'm not a sound expert and I don't work with "sound" softwares, I cut them directly in final cut.
Are there library of this kind that Can help me? (and ask for free is too much, uh?) :naughty:
Links or ideas are appreciated.

PS. Please don't answer "Man on Fire was done recording with professional bla bla bla..." :-|
I know...

Return to posts index

Bob Kessler
Re: Sound Fx Library
on Apr 19, 2012 at 3:17:39 pm

Could you be a little more specific as to what type of sound FX you are looking for?

For buy-by-the-sound you can try SoundDogs and SoundSnap. For free stuff just Google free sound effects. You can also try FreeSound.org; please read the usage terms very carefully and abide by them.

And, BTW, the correct reply is that the sounds were recorded and edited by professionals with professional equipment and mixed by professionals on multimillion dollar sound stages. Even if sound libraries are used, it is only used as a part of multiple layers of sound. So if that's the sound you want that's what you have to do - or hire to be done.

Just as you are annoyed by the "A professional does it" answer we get annoyed by the "how do I sound like a Hollywood Blockbuster for free" questions.

So don't expect the "right" sounds will make your film sound like it has a budget. It is about the marriage of experience, knowledge, tools and technique - plus innate talent.

Peace,

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]